Six companies have been vetted to bid on the design and construction for the permanent replacement span for the Skagit River Bridge.
Jay Drye, assistant regional administrator for the Washington Department of Transportation, said Monday that the companies that will submit bids are:
- Flatiron Construction Corp. of Colorado.
- Atkinson Construction of Colorado.
- Granite Construction of California.
- Max J. Kuney Construction of Spokane.
- Kiewit Corp. of Nebraska.
- PCL Constructors Inc. of Alberta, Canada.
Drye said the bids are due June 17. The permanent replacement span should be in place by Oct. 1.